Monday, November 19, 2012

the first printing of the 2012 Holiday Cards

Started printing my holiday cards yesterday. Here you can see my set up.  There's a clear mat under the plate to protect the countertop.

I had in mind to print pearl white pigment mixed into white ink on top of ivory paper so that I have a pearl white field with ivory border that I can next print a rainbow roll of  silver to blue to violet to pink  snowflakes on top with some flakes breaking the border.

Unfortunately my Graphic Chemical water soluble white ink has yellowed so I got shimmery ivory on ivory...

I even tried mixing in some blue pigment to get a slightly bluish white and though the ink is clearly bluish it still printed ivory...

oh well I like the way the woodgrain printed with a tone on tone thing happenin' so I decided to go with it.  I think the rainbow roll will look cool on top...that's today's step...

to be continued...

No comments: