Monday, October 15, 2012

Artworks Made for "Artists For the Cure"

I've been working on some artworks for "Artists For The Cure" a charitable event's silent auction.  I got stuck in kitty cat land from the Nibblefest Contest earlier this month and did a couple of larger cutesy cat collages with lots of pink in them. 

"Kitty Love" is made using a wooden plaque for a substrate embellished with decorative scrap-booking papers, sharpie markers, pink ribbon and fairy dust.

"Tickled Pink" is made using decorative scrap-booking paper, pink mulberry paper enhanced with pink glitter, pink thread, plastic gems and fairy dust on a wooden plaque substrate.

I really had a lot of fun making these dripping with cuteness mixed media works.  I love working this way, takes only a little planning followed by a lot of creative fun. And allowing myself to be a little kitschy sets me free to be over the top.  I think that in honor of cancer awareness month I'll make a few more of these over the top cats to sell in ebay, artfire and etsy, donating half of all the sales to the cause...  so if you buy from any one of my online shops in October and November and and buy an artwork with any pink in it or if no pink in it type PINK in a message to me and I will contribute half of the sale to Planned Parenthood with stipulation that it goes only toward their free mammogram program.  Why not Komen?  For two reasons, when I was young, uninsured and vulnerable Planned Parenthood saw me through a pregnancy, provided pro-rated medical care & birth control, and eliminated pre-cancerous cell growth.  Planned Parenthood is a most awesome organization that gets a lot of bad flack...just like my mix breed pit bull...
aaaannnnd I've already donated 100% of the above two artworks to Komen through "Artists for the Cure!"  Do click the link to get tickets to this sure to be fun event to show your support for Komen.  You'll have a fun evening with good food, music, beverages, plus get a chance to buy some great local art!


No comments: