Monday, March 30, 2009

Illustration Friday, Different Strokes and Abstract Painting...

For this weeks Illustration Friday theme of "Poise" I decided to go with three drawings I did of the same model using three different mediums on three different substrates. The model looks to me as if she is dancing. Dancers and good models always have grace and poise.

The 18" x 24" drawing above was done with Conte chalk pastels on heavy brown craft paper.

The 11" x 14" drawing above was done with black and gray magic markers on drawing paper.

The 18" x 24" drawing above was done in charcoal on newsprint paper.

All three of the above drawings can be purchased at: http://www.absolutearts.com/pharecamp/additional-artwork/patricia-phare-camp-2.html

The painting above was done for my Abstract Composition class. Once again the photo for the Different Strokes From Different Folks painting challenge fits perfectly with the class assignment. This time the assignment was to paint a non-objective landscape and the reference photo is a landscape (see photo at the end of this blog).

It also reflects the wonderfully relaxing weekend I just had. The timing magically coincided with my return from a conference at a resort in Hunting Beach California. I was freshly glowing from being at the beach so I could paint the scene with my heart in an appropriate place.

This photo was taken by Karen Jurik, the moderator for the Different Strokes From Different Folks painting challenge. It's the challenge photo for artists to paint from during the two week period between March 18th and April 1st.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Wonderful illustration! I like the sense of movement in the piece. Listening to music as I type and I seemed she was too :)

joseph's art and stuff said...

lovely work, all three for poise were great for the theme, i like all three styles but i'm really drawn to the first one! great painting also

Patricia Phare-Camp said...

Thank you Vanessa and Joseph! I'm stoked, the third one sold yesterday -- didn't know it when I posted thes blog as I hadn't checked email...