Thursday, March 20, 2008

Conversations With Liberty

Dr. Atl waxes philosophic with Lady Liberty in the Library of the Americas.

18 x 24" monoprint silkscreen on Stonehenge, tag board and other various fine art printmaking papers. Prints on tag board will be ph neutralized and sealed with clear acrylic spray.

This print is a postmortem collaboration between my late mentor Carol Wagner and me. Carol had given me the positive on mylar to take home with me and said when she was feeling better she would come over and the two of us would make some silkscreens from it. She never did feel better, a few weeks later she left us for the grand adventure.

Bareners know her as Sacramento Carol

I went ahead and created a screen with Carol's positive and printed over my own abstract silkscreen monoprints. In the first run I did 20 of these to give away to family and friends of Carol at a one year remembrance.

This is an open edition print. I will print until this screen falls apart, and then I will use the positive to make a new one... Any proceeds from any sales of any of these prints will always go to charities that reflect Carol's philosophies. If you're interested you may purchase one of these prints at my Etsy shop: Phare-Camp Fine Art (www.PhareCamp.etsy.com)

March is the 1st anniversary of Carol's passing and to honor her on this spring equinox I am offering one of these prints for sale. All proceeds from sale of this print will go to Carol's favorite charity The Maitreya Project school.

Peace,
Patti

No comments: