Tuesday, March 11, 2008

AKUA inks to Unload and Bee Tessellation Update


Well it's been an interesting month. I couldn't get the plates from Owosso to register. I finally called them and the technician said he was surprised I was able to get close since the plates weren't cut square. They redid the plates at no charge... well the new plates are cut square, cut square to the color separations so I still have to finagle the plates to get them close. Thats it they are close, not perfect, I align the yellow plate by the center line and the black and violet plates to the edge. The violet plate is off but at least it's not as off as the last set so I will live with them BUT if I had just done these plates myself they would have registered.

I tried Akua Intaglio Inks for the first time with this project. I hate them. In fact I hate them so much that I'm offering them for sale on my Etsy.com if you like Akua Waterbased Intaglio Inks and are interested in buying them at a real bargain click the following link:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10206042


Janice was wondering about the way I used magnets to register. Janice I've done this technique for years and when you have properly burned plates the magnet technique will give you excellent registration. I've attached some pics of my registration technique so you could see for yourself. BTW I learned this technique from Linda Katzdorn when she was teaching printmaking at University of California, Davis.

No comments: