Sunday, July 12, 2009

Da Pope Blocks

Number 5 The Hierphant Card

Hierophant Buff Block
I decided to print this part a buff color-somewhere between a natural butter color and sand.

Hierophant Red Block
The black areas will print the red parts of the card

Hierophant Blue Block
I will print this one with a blend of dark blue to black. The black area is what will print blue to black.

Hierophant Keyline Block
this block will be printed last in black. The Red line work is what will print; except the lines in the left hand corner and left center edge. These raised lines are called "Kentos." They are so I can bump the edges of the paper up to them for registration. Registration is how I make sure each of the colors line up as I print them.

2 comments:

Daniel L. Dew said...

Cool! I even looked up the word "Hierophant" in the dictionary. Where is the print? I can't wait.

Patricia Phare-Camp said...

I'll print some proofs when my Dan Smith shipment (ordered on the 4th) arrives (with the small tubes of inks) here in Tennessee where I'm vacationing. Can't pull the actual prints until I'm home with my press.