Monday, March 05, 2007

Daffodils and Dots





Working on two prints this week. One abstract geometrical reduction woodcut and one silkscreen of those infamous daffodils.

I did one run of the wood block in yellow. I wanted to get the grain but the birch plywood has something odd happening with it, I'm getting striping. Although I brushed the plate well none of the grain shows up at all...oh well at least the stripes fit in with the geometric design, which you well see later as it unfolds...there will be 12 in this edition. Hopefully...

I did two runs of the silkscreen, the first run is in yellow and the second run is in gold. The registration so far has been very good. I did forget to cover my registration marks so it printed on the first three before I caught it. I'm printing 12, 3 of which will have the registration marks printed as well...

No comments: